How does exercise help with weight control ?
- Exercise increases the metabolic rate of the body. You will burn more calories even while you rest.
- Exercise will reshape your body. Dieting alone results in a loss of fatty tissue and lean muscle, whereas exercise results in loss of mainly body fat. When the body builds muscle you will change the shape of your body.
- Exercise will improve your confidence and self esteem. There is an increased sense of control and accomplishment.
- You should note that when fat is lost and muscle is gained, there may be little change in your weight. However your body fat percentage will be lower and you will be increasing your metabolism. Regular exercise and sensible eating will put you on the right track in regulating your weight.
- Start slow to avoid injury by beginning with walking, low impact aerobics, or weight supported exercises (e.g. swimming and cycling).
- Start with 10-20 minutes a day for 3 to 4 sessions a week. Make exercise and weight control and daily routine.
- Aim to burn 250-500 calories from exercise daily from a gym in fort lauderdale. Make sure that you wear comfortable shoes and drink plenty of water.